[SATLUG] RE:Openoffice Problems

Borries Demeler demeler at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Mon May 12 10:08:24 CDT 2008

> Java... I'm tellin' ya... upgrade your Java.

You may be right, but I still would like to understand the periodic
nature of this problem. WHy would Java only fail occasionally (where the
only difference seems to be rebooting!). I am not running *anything*
else that involves Java before opening OO, and am not doing anything
different between those instances where OO fails, and those when it
doesn't. Clean reboot, open OO and it either fails or it doesn't. Most
the time it doesn't. If Java were corrupted or buggy, the same error
would occur at the same point, wouldn't you agree? Whatelse could be
different?

-b.