[SATLUG] RE:Openoffice Problems

Hector Bojorquez hector.bojorquez at gmail.com
Mon May 12 10:39:44 CDT 2008

hmm.. Just a thought.. do you have automatic updates turned on in OO?
Sometimes, a function or call.. you know... gets changed ever so slightly
and it throws things out of whack.

I've had similar Java problems with other apps (in Linux and MS)... Java can
be a haughty mistress... sometimes the symptoms are totally random.  Java
itself does handle memory differently than say C++.  No matter what Java
promises about memory allocation... there's still the chance of a memory
leak.  I'm no expert but when Java is in the mix the chance of  "screwiness"
happening seems to double.