[SATLUG] Debian Vulnerability (incl. Ubuntu)

Al Castanoli afcasta at satx.rr.com
Wed May 14 06:51:38 CDT 2008

I saw this [1] on the Sun/Solaris weekly alerts mailing list, and
backtracked it to the CVE [2].  The CVE is still preliminary and has not
been formally released.

I've acted upon preliminary CVEs before and later found out a simpler
solution was possible.  I'm holding off on changing my production
servers until the final CVE gets released.

[1] http://sunsolve.sun.com/search/document.do?assetkey=1-66-237444-1
[2] http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2008-1483

Al Castanoli