[SATLUG] Fedora 9

Daniel Givens daniel at rugmonster.org
Thu May 15 10:32:58 CDT 2008

On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 3:23 AM, luis <luis at luisgarza.com> wrote:

> Chris Lemire wrote:
>> Has anyone made the leap to Fedora 9 yet? I'm still considering it, but I don't know how much trouble I will run into. I've got everything working great in F8, and would hate to mess that up by upgrading, and I probably can't resist doing it. I'd like to know how anybodies experience has been, and I look forward to having a few kde4 applications. Anyone using Fedora 9 recently?
>>

> Well, I hope that Thomas is still lurking on this list.  I hope that he
> can give use some insite about Fedora 9.

I've got it running on my new (in the relative sense) server at home.
I tried to run it on my Lenovo T61. It works great on the server, but
I had problems using it on the laptop. Mainly, compiz-fusion works
just fine on F8 with the intel 965GM video chipset, but in F9, I get a
big fat white screen. I haven't been able to find a cause/fix yet.
I've gone back to F8 on the laptop for the time being.