[SATLUG] Since we're talking about Asterisk....

FIRESTORM_v1 firestorm.v1 at gmail.com
Thu May 15 22:10:03 CDT 2008

I found a Lucent cellPipe T1 device that has a 10/100 ethernet
connection in the depths of my parts closet and remember that at one
time I had it working, where there was dialtone on the first port of
the device, after enabling SIP and providing the SIP gateway to the
device.

The question I have is, does anyone know how to reference multiple
ports in Asterisk on a multi port TA?  I'm thinking that rather than
trying to spend money buying an 8 port analog extension card, I can
initialize all 8 ports on the cellpipe and use those to break out to
the phones in the house.  (Of course I understand that the computer
running Asterisk will still need an outside line or SIP gateway to
talk to, but at least I can get the ball rolling with 8 extentions
that can call each other.

Thanks for the help!

FIRESTORM_v1