[SATLUG] WHERE are free wifi spots near medical drive?

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Sat May 17 22:14:30 CDT 2008

On 5/17/08, David Kowis wrote:

>  Someone should build a google maps mashup of wifi spots around san
>  antonio ;)
>  Then we could just point them at a map.

JiWire.com shows 147 hotspots in the San Antonio area, and they map
that with virtualearth.net.

HotSpotHaven.com shows 248 in San Antonio, but regretfully doesn't map them.

I note that hotspotr.com doesn't give you a count of how many
hotspots it found, but it does show you their locations with Google
Maps.

Within ten miles of downtown San Antonio, wi-fihotspotlist.com shows
35 hotspots.  Once you click on a given location, a MapQuest map will
be pulled up.

So, that's at least three different services I've found, with just a
few minutes of Googling.