[SATLUG] Asterisk

Enrique Sanchez Vela esanchezvela at yahoo.com
Sun May 18 10:18:17 CDT 2008

I setup an asterisk test box (just for me and myself) with a p4 running at 2.4Ghz, 512 MB ram and 40 GB HD, it worked just fine, you don't have to buy minutes from anyone, just sing up with gizmo project and you can get a free dial-in (skype charges for that) and free dial to toll free numbers (voipjet & stanaphone charge for that), also, you might get free domestic calls from gizmo if you and a friend get their voip client for cell phone and make a call once in a while, I haven't tried that since I don't have a cell phone, and have no friends to chat with :( .

there is a distro which integrates asterisk, mysql, festival(for voice activated IVR)  and other apps to make a  brain dead install of a complete PBX in a flash, I believe it also could be used as live cd.

here is a link to Gizmo Project which could save you some bucks....

http://gizmo5.com/pc/

have fun,
enrique.

http://wiki.ittoolbox.com/index.php/AIX_VIO_Database

"Intelligence is like an underwear.
It is important that you have it, but
not necessary that you show it........"

P++R+MO++MA+E+PUBDC++D++S+++X+WP-MO?PP+nCO--PO!o?GA---c!P5P?P6-Ee---Ev+Eo!uo+++uL+wm!os!