[SATLUG] Fedora 9

Thomas Cameron thomas.cameron at camerontech.com
Tue May 20 19:44:39 CDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-05-15 at 03:23 -0500, luis wrote:

> Chris Lemire wrote:
> > Has anyone made the leap to Fedora 9 yet? I'm still considering it, but I don't know how much trouble I will run into. I've got everything working great in F8, and would hate to mess that up by upgrading, and I probably can't resist doing it. I'd like to know how anybodies experience has been, and I look forward to having a few kde4 applications. Anyone using Fedora 9 recently?
> >

> Well, I hope that Thomas is still lurking on this list.  I hope that he
> can give use some insite about Fedora 9.

Hey!

Sorry for the delay in answering, I've been busy as Hell and on the road
pretty heavily.

I've been running F9 since it was beta.  I've had great luck with it, I
*love* it on my ThinkPad T60.  I've got Intel video, NIC and wireless
and it all Just Work(TM) with F9, including accelerated X with all the
silly wobbly window eye-candy.  I had to read up on conpiz-fusion but
once I did I love it.

I have to admit that I've been doing a *lot* more with RHEL these days.

But based on my experience F9 is the bees knees.  Very cool distro.

DISCLAIMER:  As a Red Hat employee, I am horribly biased, no
apologies.  :-)

As a community member, I am not BSing.  I've been really impressed with
F9.

--
Cheers,
Thomas