[SATLUG] Since we're talking about Asterisk....

FIRESTORM_v1 firestorm.v1 at gmail.com
Wed May 21 00:41:21 CDT 2008

Well....

You're going to LOVE this.

I got the cellpipe to initialize!  All 8 ports even. They show up as x201-x208.

I used freedigits (defunct but the #s still work?) for inbound and
voipcheap for outbound. (The outbound is limited to 1 minute
increments, PERFECT for testing!).  On the softphone (x200) incoming
and outgoing works, albeit choppy because of the VM that it's running
in.

All 8 analog ports can dial out but can't receive calls, and sip show
peers shows unreachable, which means that I can't call the 8 analog
ports, but I've made TONS more progress in two nights than I have in
the last three years!

With the testing that I've done, I have found a few quirks, so don't
be looking for a cellpipe as a quick ATA just yet...

1: Have to dial a # after the number to get it to commit. (Ex, I
changed the voicemail on the system to 699. In order to get it, I have
to dial 699# to get it. Outcalls work great, just have to dial
912101234567# and the dialing rules strip out the 9 and the #
2: Still can't figure out the extension-to-extension calling.  All
analog ports can dial x200 fine, but x200 dialing the analogs gets
"Service Unavailable".

Beer + Internet = Half @$$ VoIP?

FIRESTORM_v1