[SATLUG] Fedora 9

herb cee hc at lookcee.com
Wed May 21 17:03:00 CDT 2008

Dear Chris, as the father of an Autistic daughter now 52yrs and
surviving. May I venture please to just pass an observation to you. My
girl has beat her head on the wall over not understanding procedures
involved in social contact. But she lives on her own and makes it.

That said is to hope that you will heed my words as advice to be
discarded or used not commands.

This post reveals that you still do not understand the relationship of
offering business services not the sale of software. I own no stock in
Redhat and I am 77yrs now retired.

You exhibit the same patterns of thought as my daughter and i firmly
believe you have the same affliction.

Ok, you dashed this off and it was so important that you knew you would
draw flac. that's fine but in that moment you lost the care for your
reader posting your words below the .. in the body of the reply so I had
to read it greyed out. and you accused Redhat of selling or profiting
from the f/oss licence.

LINUX is free to DL you paid nothing to DL F9 that you want to run.
Redhat pays the salary of those key people that merge the distro to the
kernel neither you nor they are bound to any biz deal/contract. So your
bitch is groundless. Redhat has always sold services to the biz
community but has always offered the basic system for free. they were
forced into splitting the free distro off to Fedora because of the
uncertain moves of this country's government. You know they are
successful at selling basic back-room services to mostly small biz and
they could easily have made the $ decision to just drop the free
distribution but they were committed to serving the f/oss comunity, I
have read that you do not believe in any God, that's ok but perhaps you
might consider thanking a divine circumstance Chris for your free copy
of F9.

So go for it kid but try to look at our side in your post.
I do understand and I hope to remain your friend
Ol herb