[SATLUG] Since we're talking about Asterisk....

FIRESTORM_v1 firestorm.v1 at gmail.com
Wed May 21 19:54:31 CDT 2008

Here's how i'm set up and I'm trying to be as concise as possible
because work kicked my posterior today and I'm really exhausted. :P

On the cellpipe, Voice channel set to SIP. Sip options set to point to
asterisk with first port starting at 201 There's not much
configuration after that on the cellpipe.

On Asterisk,
created 8 extensions (201-208) and checked for dialtone on all ports.
Also checked with code 601 (Announce Extension) to verify connectivity
to server.

The freedigits trunk is inbound only, and it is set to ring 200 right
this moment because of an issue with using 600 (ring all phones). When
it attempts to ring all, it goes immediately into the "Unavailable"
error message and I get tri-tone with the recording. With it set
straight to any of the extensions on the cellpipe, I get the same
error.  Set it to 200 and it works like it should.

The voipfree trunk is outbound only and there are no inbound routes
defined for it.  This has been verified working from all phones in
question.

It would appear that something's up on the Cellpipe as two softphones
ring as expected and all is normal with the exception of the
nonfunctioning 8 analog ports.

The Softphone is set up with Ext 200 and works fine as is.  Since the
Cellipipe is all SIP, I don't think that the dialingplan for the FXO/S
ports are required, as they are handled like any other (batch of)
softphones, however I could be wrong.

I think Asterisk doesn't like Lucent but then it could be the other way around.

FIRESTORM_v1