[SATLUG] wget frustration

Ein Henley ein_tpb_vampire at yahoo.com
Fri May 23 09:16:03 CDT 2008

Try this:

wget -F "http://www.the950.com/cc-common/podcast/single_podcast.html?podcast=mornings.xml"

grep -o "http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/18227/1h/cchannel.download.akamai.com/18227/podcast/HOUSTON-TX/KPRC-AM/*.*.*.mp3" single_podcast.html\?podcast\=mornings.xml > mp3list

wget -i mp3list

Geoff <geofff at w5omr.shacknet.nu> wrote: Ok, here's the deal.
When I was in New Orleans, I got hooked on "Walton and Johnson" - a
radio show in the mornings, played locally on Bayou 95 (95.7MHz).
They're in different markets, as well.

According to their affiliate list, their Houston home seems to be the
only place to get their daily podcasts.  Without going through the
rig-a-more-role of downloading each clip independently, I thought I'd
just wget 'em all.  I have, in the past, figured out how to use a
wildcard to get multiple files from a site, but for some reason the
-A.mp3 (in this case) option doesnt' seem to be working.

Here's the site

here's the url to an .mp3 file

Certainly I know that ever thing after the question mark is superfluous
(as are big words) but the command of

wget -A.mp3
didn't work, and I'm desperately trying to figure out why.

SATLUG mailing list
SATLUG at satlug.org