[OT] [SATLUG] chris taking a "list break"

John Choate jdchoate at gmail.com
Sun May 25 08:29:49 CDT 2008

Being a fellow 'Aspie', I agree with Dennis. I used to think I had ADD and a
bi-polar disorder... both of which are much more difficult for people to deal
with than AS. I found that pointing out my 'disorder' and blaming my life's
issues on it did me no good. It's a bit tough, but with some self-discipline
Asperger's can be dealt with.
I sympathize with Chris as he works on dealing with this. Criticism from
others can be greatly hard to deal with. I did not see the posts with
name-calling or comments about having a 'disease'; perhaps they are on my
other computer. If I had I would have aggressively responded in Chris'
defense. Not sure if that would have helped at all and am glad it didn't
happen that way.
But try not to let comments by others be taken literally and let things slide,
even if you disagree with them. I wasn't even about to touch the thread about
religion, but couldn't resist St. IGNUcius... trying to make people laugh and
bring the thread back to the subject of Linux. That mostly failed as others
criticized that for being way off topic... oh well.
Enough of my ranting. Just felt the need to add my $0.02

John C