[SATLUG] New One

Mike Ester comptech3 at gmail.com
Sun May 25 15:58:51 CDT 2008

On Sun, May 25, 2008 at 3:07 PM, Jim Parkhurst <JimParkhurst at austin.rr.com>
wrote:

> At my work I get to support M$ <shudder> and we have some workstation
> systems that do run 24/7.

I support them, too. But, (in the interest of being fair) at least the
server operating systems are better about not needing a reboot. I still have
a Windows NT 4 server (yeah, go ahead and mock), and a Windows 2003 server
going strong. They get the ocassional reboot when the power dies for hours
(UPS shuts them down OK), but they keep going.

Guess I'm spoiled by my Linux workstations that run 24/7 (barring lost
power).