[SATLUG] Lightweight Linux distros reviewed

Todd W. Bucy toddwbucy at grandecom.net
Mon May 26 16:09:11 CDT 2008

After installing a lightweight distro on my Dad's computer 2 weeks ago,
I'd have to agree with his review of DSL and Puppy Linux.  Both seemed
real fast on my dads PII's.  However I ended up going with XUbuntu as it
seemed the best choice, given my father's computer literacy level.  In
the last two weeks though he has only had to call me twice for help and
he has especially excited with the increased performance that Linux
breathed into his aging system.

Todd