[SATLUG] They just love to create new reasons for consumers to migrate to linux

ed horned0wl93 at gmail.com
Tue May 27 16:14:21 CDT 2008

Todd W. Bucy wrote:
>  ran across this on the EFF site today.  don't they realize that they are
>  only hurting themselves with this stuff.
They probably know how they're hurting themselves, but don't really
care.  And,  before this turns into a flash fire, I've noticed that
Google/YouTube also seems to be putting recording flags in place to
prevent users recording their videos as well -- had that problem right
here on my good ol' Ubuntu Laptop: Same video couldn't be recorded from
Google, but could be recorded from MSNBC, using the same technology and
the same applications. I fear the corporati no longer care what the
legislators or the courts do or say about individual rights regarding
recording and distribution.  Its gone beyond privacy versus piracy, and
into the realm of information control.  If we can't record it, they can
remove it and "un-say" it.