Linux Gaming was Re: [SATLUG] Fedora 9

pixelnate at gmail.com pixelnate at gmail.com
Wed May 28 15:03:23 CDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-05-28 at 12:57 -0500, Geoff wrote:
> I'm interested in finding out where one could acquire the software for
> the multitude of games on those coin-operated, bar-top video gaming
> devices.   Ever see one boot up?  Basically, it's RedHat Linux, with a
> touch-screen.

It's running MAME, an emulator for old video game hardware. Once you get
that running, though, you'll need to track down all the ROMs for each
individual game you want to play. And it's not exactly legal to get ROMs
off the interwebs. There are many out there, but it takes some looking
and looking to find them.

And no, I don't have any. But I would do just about anything to get my
hands on BurgerTime, though. I loved that game.

~Nate