Linux Gaming was Re: [SATLUG] Fedora 9

Al Castanoli afcasta at satx.rr.com
Wed May 28 18:54:24 CDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-05-28 at 16:16 -0500, John Choate wrote:
> On Wednesday 28 May 2008 13:05:58 pixelnate at gmail.com wrote:

> > And since MS owns OpenGL, it will probably stay that way. Every once in
> > a while MS does something right.

> > ~Nate

> If you can provide some sort of proof to back that claim up, I'd really like
> to see it. If that can be proved to be true, I'll shut up :)

In the rest of John's message, it appears the above ambiguous statement
means "prove MS owns OpenGL" rather than "prove every once in a while MS
does something right."

But being a contrarian, I prefer the former anticedant for "proof to
back that claim up".  MS Xenix circa 1985 was such a good UNIX for PC
operating system, it was licensed to SCO and launched a pretty good
server OS for its day, at least until Caldera bought SCO and they lost
their minds.  I still use a PS2 type MS natural keyboard for the
Scientific Linux control server at my desk, and the wireless MS mouse
I'm using fits my hand better than the Logitech ones I've tried.

I don't have windows running on any of my own computers, and resent
having a windows PC at work to use VPN clients to my labs, but in my
experience, sometimes MS does do something right.

Al Castanoli