[SATLUG] Kubuntu newb install

herb cee hc at lookcee.com
Thu May 29 04:22:12 CDT 2008

Joe Miller wrote:
> Hey folks,
> I've never tried Linux before (how many times have you heard that one?), so I thought I'd get some input from you before I do this. I have a DVD with an iso install for Kubuntu, along with some other stuff, including wifi chillispot. I will be using a Dell w/ Win2000 that I want to overwrite. I guess I'm supposed to boot from the DVD, so do I just change the boot order to DVD?
> Thanks
Welcome to Linux Joe, yes it should boot and run from the DVD and you
can choose to install to your HD.

Is this the latest version 8.04? Do you have broadband Internet? if so
it should set it up, if you have dial-up you may have issues with the
usual 'Win-modem'.

plus lots more sites Google will turn up for you.

Good luck,