Linux Gaming was Re: [SATLUG] Fedora 9

pixelnate at gmail.com pixelnate at gmail.com
Thu May 29 08:08:17 CDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-05-28 at 22:37 -0500, John Choate wrote:
> On Wednesday 28 May 2008 18:54:24 Al Castanoli wrote:

> > > If you can provide some sort of proof to back that claim up, I'd really
> > > like to see it. If that can be proved to be true, I'll shut up :)

Alright. I misspoke, OpenGL is being managed by the Khronos Group
(whoever that is). I was one of the people that, many years ago, read
the Register article about the agreement between SGI and MS and thought
that meant that MS now owns OpenGL. I was wrong, MS paid SGI to purchase
certain undisclosed rights on 3D graphics so that they could avoid
infringing on SGI patents with their Xbox.

My bad.

~Nate