[SATLUG] H0w t0 p05t 4n 3m411_

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Thu May 29 19:22:10 CDT 2008

Brian wrote:
> I personally would rather see the topic change in the email when the
> topic changes, than keep a topic, such as fedora 9, when the email has
> nothing to do with the content of the email...  Its called a subject
> line for a reason... Because it contains the SUBJECT if the message. Now
> I this is some type of official rule, perhaps the el presidente should
> send it out.

You don't understand.  When you reply to a message, there are headers that you
don't see.  In the case of your message, there is:

This is from my original message and that is what is used for threading.  It is
not enough to just change the subject line.  When you are a member of a mailing
list, you are a member of a community.  Just because something does not affect
you, doesn't mean that it doesn't affect others.

   -- Bruce