[SATLUG] Fedora 9

Chris Lemire good_bye300 at yahoo.com
Thu May 29 20:24:38 CDT 2008

If Linux can win over enough Ubuntu users (seems to be where they are all going when switching to Linux), then M$ would have to compete with opengl, and with all the users support and demand, opengl could improve greatly. 2 of the major video card chip manufactures have gone open source, and I believe the third one, nvidia is going to be forced to go open source if they don't want to lose out on Linux users. Even though Linux makes a small percentage of users, it's still billions. Almost each household has at least one computer.

"Daniel J. Givens" <daniel at rugmonster.org> wrote: On Wed, 28 May 2008 02:49:25 -0700 (PDT)
Chris Lemire  wrote:

> Seems like a lot of Linux users aren't gamers or just not so many. I
> wish someone could get into m$ servers again and take latest directx
> code like they did windows 2k, and then wine could use it.

Wine wouldn't be legally able to use any code stolen from Microsoft.
The whole reason Wine exists today is because it is a clean
reimplementation of the Win32 API. Remember that copyrights are the
only reason the GPL and most other free license agreements work at all.
SATLUG mailing list
SATLUG at satlug.org