Linux Gaming was Re: [SATLUG] Fedora 9

pixelnate at gmail.com pixelnate at gmail.com
Thu May 29 22:30:01 CDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-05-29 at 12:14 -0500, John Choate wrote:
> I've always preferred opengl to direct3d, even if I was missing out on some
> new eye candy. OpenGL games always seemed to render objects so they ended up
> looking solid, while direct3d objects always seemed thin and 'hollow' to me.

Yeah, but Direct3D has some nifty effects available for developers
(pixel shaders, particles, etc.). MS does a great job with DirectX. At
least from an end user perspective. The games on the PC are so much
better, graphically, than those on the console. I guess that's why I
never got into console gaming.

While I prefer not to use Windows for work, IMHO there just isn't a
better gaming platform.

~Nate