[SATLUG] Sendmail sending twice?

Geoff geofff at w5omr.shacknet.nu
Fri May 30 02:19:29 CDT 2008

David Salisbury wrote:
> Has anyone on the list dealt with a problem where sendmail seems to be sending some messages twice?  This seems to be happening only with messages with larger attachments, but not all of the time.  I have checked sendmail's logs, and it IS actually creating two different messages with two different message IDs, within about 2 seconds of each other.  But I know the mail client is just sending it out once.  Has anyone else experienced this, or have any ideas how to stop it??  My Google searching so far has been fruitless.

do a ps -ef | grep -i sendmail and see how many instances of sendmail
you have running.

I had this problem with MailScanner and sendmail.  Somehow, there was an
'extra' version of sendmail running, and while I didn't (as far as I
know) have a problem with sendmail sending messages twice, I -was-
receiving duplicates all the time.

Hope that helps.

--
-Geoff