[SATLUG] OT: New Pictures

Charles Hogan cd_satl at futuretechsolutions.com
Fri May 30 14:41:29 CDT 2008

Suggestions for someone that is so inconsiderate:
1. Point him here: http://tech.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/05/24/1859218
Let him know that his useage is a major issue and see if he's willing to
work something out using some of those suggestions.

2. If the connection is in your name, cut him completely and tell him
that he's just eating too much bandwidth for his contribution to be
worthwhile.  Also let him know that the risk of you getting an ugly
letter from the *AA for his actions just aint worth it.

3. If the connection is in his name, get off it and get your own.  Buy
yourself a nice US-Robotics modem and tell him that if you are going to
be getting dial-up speeds anyway due to his torrent use, that you may as
well just be on dial-up and he can enjoy paying for the fiber all by
himself.

Cool garden BTW.

Chris Lemire wrote:
<snip>
> Okay, somebody my network has to do a lot of downloading/uploading with
> torrents, and it makes a fiber optics connection slow to a crawl. I have no
> control over what that person does though I've tried giving him a small
> priority with QoS or killing his connection completely, and then he knows it
> was me, so I'm putting these pictures on a free image hosting site.
<snip>