[SATLUG] Fedora 9

Daniel J. Givens daniel at rugmonster.org
Fri May 30 20:22:16 CDT 2008

On Fri, 30 May 2008 13:44:13 -0700
"Ernest De Leon" <edeleonjr at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ubuntu is not Linux.  Distribution != Kernel.  Linux is the kernel.
> GNU is the rest of the stuff piled on top of the kernel (your
> distribution of choice.)  Just wanted to make that clear for anyone
> who might not know.
> Ernest

*Sigh* Gnome is not GNU. KDE is not GNU. GNU is a set of applications
that sit between the kernel and the applications we actually interact
with majority of the time. This is an old, tired debate. Let's just
call it ((Debian/Ubuntu|Red
Alternatively, we could not start into yet another debate that does
nothing but make people mad, drive some away, and discourage others
from ever joining. It's nonproductive along with so many of the
numerous off-topic, nonproductive "conversations"/ego-fests that have
been going on over the last several months.

Grow up kids. Remember why you're here. Think of the community and how
your actions are contributing to it positively or negatively.