[SATLUG] Ubuntu 8.10 Help... (Please?)

Ed Tillman horned0wl93 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 1 10:40:53 CDT 2008

Has anyone out there had problems upgrading Ubuntu from 8.04 to 8.10?  I got
a doosie...

Apparently, all my restricted drivers have taken a hike.  Video is dead, and
xorg (boot recovery) won't fix it.

I use the flgrx video driver, and apparently, its dropped off the map.  Its
no longer on my system, and "apt-get install" can't seem to find it, though
I have a good (wired) internet connection - the commands *apt-get
update*, *apt-get
upgrade*, and *apt-get dist-upgrade* all seem to connect and work nicely -
they produce a flurry of activity in my terminal, anyway...

On the Ubuntu forms, there's another Acer-driver apparently having the same
issues, and his machine is apparently newer than mine...

Help?

Cheers;
ed