[SATLUG] OT: Help needed to identify an old part

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Sat Nov 1 13:47:12 CDT 2008

Alan Lesmerises wrote:

> I've since found a few references to this device, and yes, it can have 2
> drives in it (see the picture about half-way down at
> http://users.eastlink.ca/~pspencer/mac/dayna/dayna.html).

Interesting.  Makes me wonder what the heck is going on inside of that
case which can map a single SCSI address into two separate physical
floppy drives.

>                                                            The problem
> I'm going to have is that it was originally for a Mac, and it's doubtful
> there are any drivers to allow it to work with Linux or even Windows.
> I'm sure the trickery of getting to work with 2 drives is in the driver ...

There must be some deep magic in the logic boards within the case as
well.  Either way, I think you're definitely going to have problems
talking to this device unless you're running a really old version of
MacOS and you can dig up the appropriate fifteen year-old drivers.