[SATLUG] Ubuntu 8.10 Help... (Please?)

Will Southworth willisouth at gmail.com
Sat Nov 1 18:06:55 CDT 2008

The computer boots fine, no problem getting into BIOS. I suspected the MBR
on the HD was corrupt in some way. I had installed Red Hat on it fine a few
months back. Then suddenly, it couldn't boot by itself, I had to have the
install disk in the CD in order to boot. Now Red hat installs, but won't get
out of installation. I swapped the HD out that one for another I had lying
around on my workbench. Now I just need to get Windows 2K off the drive and
Ubantu on. Is md5sum a data corruption check? I've never heard of this.
Please type slowly, I'm new to this and want to learn more.

On Sat, Nov 1, 2008 at 3:35 PM, scs at worldlinkisp.com