[SATLUG] Ubuntu 8.10 is presently trash...

John Ziriax ziriax at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 18:20:05 CST 2008

Ed,

Sorry to hear about your troubles.  I upgraded my desktop from 8.04 to 8.10
over the net on Saturday. It took hours to download all the files. But it
worked and installed the Nvidia video drivers. The USB sound on this MB
prompted a message about "..falling back to the default". Then sound worked.
Nothing else to report.

The "Lite" version of Firefox does seem faster, but I haven't researched
what "Lite" means exactly.

I've got two laptops and a desk top that I haven't tried yet.

Guess I heed your example as a warning and wait a bit.

Please keep the list posted, especially if you try again.

John