[SATLUG] Ubuntu 8.10 is presently trash...

Nate Turnage pixelnate at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 10:53:33 CST 2008

On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 9:42 AM, Greg Willden <gwillden at gmail.com> wrote:

> This is my first exposure to KDE 4 and it is a little bit strange
> right now.  I think it will grow on me and work out just fine.  It
> sure is shiny and pretty.  I just had to learn how to move things
> around in the taskbar and how the desktop widgets work.

Do you know of any sites that help gnome person decipher the interface? I
really wanted to give KDE4 a shot, but simple things in Gnome (like
switching desktops or getting icons on the desktop) just aren't similar
enough to gdm to make the transition easy. I want to like KDE4 but I don't
know where to start to relearn what I already know about Gnome.

~Nate