[SATLUG] Reinstall apache2?

Matt C llewsircttam at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 16:53:53 CST 2008

apt-get --purge remove apache2

http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/apt-howto/ch-apt-get.en.html#s-remove

Apt will not touch config files unless you tell it to.  So in your case tell
it to remove them as they appear to be fubar'd...

Then a reinstall should do the trick.

If not I would highly recommend looking at the error logs and at the
/etc/init.d and working your way back (as was previously recommended).