[SATLUG] OT - AT&T - DSL and Uverse

Sean I siffland at nerdshack.com
Sat Nov 15 10:14:22 CST 2008

I am finally fed up with time Warner, my bill keeps increasing and i
call them every month and they take stuff off but it is getting old.
I was thinking about DSL (yeah i know slower but still works).  There
were a few guys here about 2 weeks ago peddling Uverse for at&t, said
i was one of the only houses in the neighborhood that could get it
(which i doubt but i played along).  I remember some people on this
list shunning uverse and telling of the badness of it, could they
reiterate on it so i have some more information.  If i do go to AT&T
is it better to get the uverse stuff or straight DSL, or do i have a
choice?  I would just like to hear from people who have it before i
make a decision (this will effect my phone and cable too, when i leave
a service i leave it all).  Of course the two blokes peddling the
uverse were explaining to me how their 10GB fiber backbone was faster
than roadrunner 15Gb backbone, made me wonder if i was just going
crazy.......

Sean