[SATLUG] New Ubuntu distro and ARM processors

Ernest De Leon edeleonjr at gmail.com
Sat Nov 15 13:38:42 CST 2008

I grabbed a small tidbit of info from the web and posted it to my blog
http://www.smbtechadvice.com/ about the next version of Ubuntu having a
slightly customized version tailored for ARM processors.  Theoretically the
battery life should exceed 8 hours.  Check it out if you're interested.

On a side note...has anyone bought any of the new MacBooks (the ones with
the 'unibody' construction)?  How are they?  I kind of want one, but the
price is a little high.  I'm hoping that there are some other side benefits
that may tip the balance away from Dell.  The OS is not one of them at all.
I just like the design and 'light weight' of the new MacBooks.

Thanks,
Ernest