[SATLUG] OT - AT&T - DSL and Uverse

scs at worldlinkisp.com scs at worldlinkisp.com
Sat Nov 15 16:06:25 CST 2008

My son had ATT DSL (w/o ATT phone service), it worked fine until it quit.  I went
in and checked out his equipment and found nothing wrong.  Had him obtain and try
a different modem without success, told him to tell them it was their problem.

Finally after three weeks ATT finally sent a tech to his house and determined there
was a line problem (break) in the alley.  Another two weeks and they had not fixed
it after many more calls.

He told them to stuff-it and to credit him for billing.

This may be an isolated incident, however, it doesn't speak well of their support.

Have experienced similar problems, although not as prolonged, getting support from
Embarq DSL in Humble, in  one incident, someone had disconnected it at their mainframe.