[SATLUG] OT - AT&T - DSL and Uverse

Henry Pugsley henry.pugsley at gmail.com
Sat Nov 15 17:59:53 CST 2008

Regarding downtime ..

In most areas they guarantee 4-8 hours of battery time in the event of
power failures. Even time warner has cable modems with battery modules
to keep the digital phone service running.  Also, just because the
internet circuit for your computer is down doesn't mean the phone will
be down as well

On 11/15/08, HAYES DENNIS <mhayes59 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> I had uverse. What I did like about it was that it seemed to give a better
> picture. There DSL was fine for everthing I did. I did not have digital
> phone service with them stayed with POTS did no like the fact that when
> cable was down phone was down. The only trouble we had was the picture kept
> freezing up. Got to know several techs by first name. I will say that there
> tech service is great, they give you a 2 hour window and usually are
> early. Changed back to TW cable only due to the savings for the next year.
> AT&T could not match price.
>
> Dennis

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it" - Alan Kay