[SATLUG] hibernate/suspend

gboswell gboswell at cis.sac.accd.edu
Sun Nov 16 16:35:29 CST 2008

> From: Borries Demeler <demeler at biochem.uthscsa.edu>
> Subject: Re: [SATLUG] New MacBooks -> now hibernate/suspend
> To: satlug at satlug.org
>

>> > would "just work" also. If I can ever get the hibernate/suspend features of
>> > Linux to work as well as Apple and with the reduced power usage, I'd sell
>> > my MacBooks, but until then, I'll just have Linux a virtual client inside of
>>

> Here is a page I found that explains pretty well what can be done:
>
> http://www.linux.com/feature/54610
>
> Seems like it is possible, but haven't tried it.
>
> TuxonIce also seems like a possibility:
>
> http://www.tuxonice.net/features
>
> -b.

I started and I was able to get a manual script to hibernate and resume but
it took almost 40% of the battery (new one) (60% old one)   if I  left
suspended overnight +. The Mac will use maybe 10% max and both have
4GB ram and 7200 drives. The tuxonice may be a better implementation
that will solve the problem. I will try it after the semester is over.
While I
don't use the Linux Box every day it is my mail backup.

Thanks

Boz

Glenn Boswell "Boz"      gboswell at mail.accd.edu
gboswell at cis.sac.accd.edu {class related}
San Antonio College  Dept. CIS (210)-733-2866

Freedom is not Free, let us not Forget!

"We make a living by what we Get.
 We make a LIFE by what we GIVE." Sir Winston Churchill