[SATLUG] OT: Fujistsu Notebook

Othniel Graichen othniel at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 14:56:38 CST 2008

I have an AMD 64 X2 notebook, HP brand instead of Fujitsu, that I have been
using Ubuntu on for about 6 months.
Purchased it at local computer show for $350.  Nor am I a gamer or number
cruncher but I like the fact that it
has an Nvidia GPU.  Upgraded it to have 2GB memory.  Very happy with AMD64
support in Ubuntu.

This is my first experience with a 64 bit machine and Ubuntu support for
AMD64 architecture is top notch.
It may be better than Intel32 bit if that is possible because so many cpus
are "i386"

How important is battery life to you?  Maybe consider a smaller screen
system, etc.  I'm happy with my
AMD64 Notebook.

Othniel

On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 2:33 PM, scs at worldlinkisp.com