[SATLUG] webhosting needed

Jon Mark Allen jm at allensonthe.net
Fri Nov 21 08:46:04 CST 2008

On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 08:07, Borries Demeler
<demeler at biochem.uthscsa.edu> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I am writing to find out if anyone on this list can provide
> free web hosting to the Northside Independent School District
> Parent Teacher Association. My wife is a volunteer on their
> board and chairs their Arts in Education Council.
>
> They have very low volume/storage needs and basically just
> need to have a web presence with some links and contact
> information. I can get more technical details for their
> requirements. I am willing to help them get the technical
> stuff worked out as long as I can get some rsync access to
> a linux box. php capability would be nice.
>
> Is there anyone on the list who could provide free (or low cost) hosting
> to a good cause? (they will pay for the domain name, of course).
> They don't have a lot of money, so they won't ask for much.
>
> Please let me know off-line if you can help.
> (demeler at biochem.uthscsa.edu)
>
> Thanks! -borries
> --

Are they a non-profit org? (must be 501c3)

Dreamhost offers their top hosting package for free for life to any 501 c3 org.

http://wiki.dreamhost.com/index.php/Non-profit_Discount

Other companies that do the same thing:
Smugmug (photos)
Google for domains (educational edition)

(Replying to the list because I'm sure there are others who would like to know)

--
JM

/* If you haven't found something strange during the day, it hasn't
been much of a day.
-- John A. Wheeler */