[SATLUG] OT: Looking for someone to ID a cisco cable

FIRESTORM_v1 firestorm.v1 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 30 20:57:29 CST 2008

Sorry about the OT post, but I know that there's someone on this list
that knows something about cisco.. :P

I was able to score two Cisco routers from the goodwill computerworks
a few days ago for a test lab that I am setting up.  So far, I have a
Cisco 2501 and a Cisco 2507.

Along for the ride are a pair of cables but for the life of me, I
don't know if these will allow me to hook the two routers together via
their serial ports.  I have googled the part number and have not been
able to discern anything towards accomplishing my goal.  The cables
have the high density serial port connector on each end, and both
cables have one plug that says DCE, the other says DTE.  Both cables
have the same part number (i think), CAB-FCMTXO-6  (that O could be a
zero, but I don't know.)

If these cables won't allow me to connect Serial - Serial, can you
tell me what will work?

Thanks!

FIRESTORM_v1