[SATLUG] [OT] Testing Eudora

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Wed Oct 1 23:38:22 CDT 2008

John D Choate wrote:

> I haven't used Eudora for email since about 1994 and I didn't know it
> was still around (open source, no less).
> Here's the link for anyone else who wants to try it.
> I'm using version 8.0.0b3, beta binary distribution.

Eudora no longer exists.  What is now being called Eudora is actually
Thunderbird with a few minor interface changes.  You can get the same
interface changes by installing the Penelope extension on a standard
Thunderbird configuration.

It is currently very highly buggy.

I've been a Eudora user since the 1.0 days, back when it was still an
open source program supported by the University where the author was
working.

I've tried Thunderbird.  It is buggy, but I don't have much choice.
I've tried Thunderbird+Penelope, and it is highly buggy.  There's a
reason why I went back to plain Thunderbird.