[SATLUG] cryptic error

Borries Demeler demeler at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Sat Oct 4 13:27:08 CDT 2008

On my slack12 box I get this when connecting a USB storage device and
asking it to open it in konqueror:

A security policy in place prevents this sender from sending this message
to this recipient, see message bus configuration file (rejected message
had interface "org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.Volume" member "Mount" error
name "(unset)" destination "org.freedesktop.Hal")

When I click on "Devices" I says: Devices: Protocol not supported

Can someone translate this for me? What do I need to change here?

Thanks, -b.