[SATLUG] SeaMonkey (Mozilla) Browser Crash

Howard Haradon hharadon at gmail.com
Sat Oct 4 13:23:47 CDT 2008

Bruce wrote:

> I have been using seamonkey 1.1.11 since July 22 without problem, but I built it
> from source instead of downloading a binary.  To me, the most likely cause of
> the problem is a plugin or library.  What plugins do you have?
>
>   -- Bruce

I see these 4 plugins when I do about:plugins.
Shockwave Flash 9.0 r48
Scalable Vector Graphics, as handled by RSVG-2.18.2. Views SVG images.
Java(TM) Plug-in 1.6.0_07-b06
gxineplugin.so

Now, in looking at /tmp/xerrs.log, there are 9 lines like the following:

Flash Player: Warning: environment variable G_FILENAME_ENCODING is set
and is not UTF-8

Perhaps flash player is the culprit?

Thanks,  Howard