[SATLUG] SeaMonkey (Mozilla) Browser Crash

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Sat Oct 4 15:18:03 CDT 2008

Howard Haradon wrote:

> I see these 4 plugins when I do about:plugins.
> Shockwave Flash 9.0 r48

I have the same.

> Scalable Vector Graphics, as handled by RSVG-2.18.2. Views SVG images.

I don't have this one.

> Java(TM) Plug-in 1.6.0_07-b06

I guess mine is a little dated as I have 1.5.0_06-b05

> gxineplugin.so

I don't have this either, but I do have:

mplayerplug-in 3.45  with
mplayerplug-in-dvx.so (DivX)
mplayerplug-in-qt.so  (QuickTime)
mplayerplug-in-rm.so  (RealPlayer)
mplayerplug-in-wmp.so (Windows Media Player)

> Now, in looking at /tmp/xerrs.log, there are 9 lines like the following:
>
> Flash Player: Warning: environment variable G_FILENAME_ENCODING is set
> and is not UTF-8
>
> Perhaps flash player is the culprit?

Possibly.  I don't have anything like the above in my logs.

   -- Bruce