[SATLUG] Strange issue

Alan Lesmerises alesmerises at satx.rr.com
Sun Oct 5 22:06:11 CDT 2008

These are just shots in the dark, and I'm no expert, so take them for
what they're worth.

   1. How long are the names & paths of your mp3's once you put them on
the thumb drive?
   2. Are you sure the thumb drive is mounted using the right file system?
   3. What about the number of files in that directory (possibly
reaching a limit)?

I've run into some issues similar to these in the past (for other
things), and sometimes I have to remind myself to check for basic things
before I go chasing after more exotic explanations for problems.

Al Lesmerises