[SATLUG] OT: Encrypting Problem

Christopher Lovejoy christopher.l.lovejoy at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 07:21:25 CDT 2008

I'm sorry for the off topic, but its a precursor to my using BT on my
new laptop.

I've just gotten an Acer Aspire One, it comes loaded with Windows XP.
It doesn't have a CD/DVD burner.  I'm trying to encrypt the whole hard
drive with TrueCrypt 6.0.  To do this, I need to burn a recovery CD.
I've tried to save the ISO image to a Thumbdrive, but it doesn't accept
it.  I've downloaded InfraRecorder to try to burn it to a Thumbdrive,
but it doesn't see the thumbdrive as a CD, appearantly.

I'm trying to encrypt the whole HD, so that as I load BackTrack onto my
machine, I can protect the information that I'll end up storing on it.
Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

-Rw