[SATLUG] OT: Encrypting Problem

Brian McKinney mckinneyb at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 01:05:44 CDT 2008

On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 7:21 AM, Christopher Lovejoy
<christopher.l.lovejoy at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm sorry for the off topic, but its a precursor to my using BT on my new
> laptop.
>
> I've just gotten an Acer Aspire One, it comes loaded with Windows XP.  It
> doesn't have a CD/DVD burner.  I'm trying to encrypt the whole hard drive
> with TrueCrypt 6.0.  To do this, I need to burn a recovery CD.  I've tried
> to save the ISO image to a Thumbdrive, but it doesn't accept it.  I've
> downloaded InfraRecorder to try to burn it to a Thumbdrive, but it doesn't
> see the thumbdrive as a CD, appearantly.
>
> I'm trying to encrypt the whole HD, so that as I load BackTrack onto my
> machine, I can protect the information that I'll end up storing on it.  Any
> ideas or help would be appreciated.

Don't have much experience installing Windows from a thumbdrive.
Found a few articles that may help though.

http://www.eeeguides.com/2007/11/installing-windows-xp-from-usb-thumb.html
http://www.vandomburg.net/installing-windows-xp-from-usb/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Vt_8p0VllY

--