[SATLUG] cryptic error

Ed Coates edcoates at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 07:09:15 CDT 2008

On Sat, Oct 4, 2008 at 1:27 PM, Borries Demeler
<demeler at biochem.uthscsa.edu> wrote:
> On my slack12 box I get this when connecting a USB storage device and
> asking it to open it in konqueror:
>
> A security policy in place prevents this sender from sending this message
> to this recipient, see message bus configuration file (rejected message
> had interface "org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.Volume" member "Mount" error
> name "(unset)" destination "org.freedesktop.Hal")
>
> When I click on "Devices" I says: Devices: Protocol not supported
>
> Can someone translate this for me? What do I need to change here?
>
> Thanks, -b.
Borries,

I think that I've found a possible link for you:

http://www.jefferyfernandez.id.au/2007/07/26/a-security-policy-in-place-prevents-mounting-of-volumes/

I did a google search for     a security policy in place prevents
and this is the first hit, but from reading the problem seems to lie
with the hal daemon's configuration files.

Hope that this helps

Ed