[SATLUG] [OT] - VoIP provider recommendations

George, Jason (San Antonio) Jason.George at valero.com
Fri Oct 10 11:52:37 CDT 2008

Fellow SATLUGgers-

Can someone recommend a good VoIP service provider?  Currently I'm with SipPhone / Gizmo.  If anyone has experience w/ other providers that has pay-as-you-go (PAYG) rates and bring-your-own-device (BYOD) options (I have a Linksys ATA), then please share.

I did the standard Google search, but the results are flooded w/ suspicious companies and superfluous websites.   I like SipPhone / Gizmo because it's an American company, they support open standards, only $36 annually for any area-code phone number, PAYG pricing w/ rates @ 2 cents a minute.  The only complaint I have is slow support.  Know any companies that are comparable but w/ excellent support?  Thanks! ~Jason