[SATLUG] New Live CD Version of gparted released in early Oct.

Don Wright satlug at sbcglobal.net
Sun Oct 12 19:06:51 CDT 2008

On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 17:31:25 -0500, "Howard Haradon" <hharadon at gmail.com>
wrote:

>Hi,  I stumbled across this while looking around
>disto watch.  I made the live CD, and it is much slicker
>than the old one that I have (had).  Has a lot of good
>rescue tools that can be useful.
>
>http://gparted.sourceforge.net/news.php

The Live CD was orphaned briefly; I'm glad to see it is thriving again. I
used GParted Live for a while, and also System Rescue CD[1] (more than
partition tools) but have recently had better luck with the Trinity Rescue
Kit[2] as the NTFS support worked better for me.

All these tools are under active development, which is good news to those of
us who have to pull someone's chestnuts out of the fire.  --Don

[1] http://www.SysRescCD.org
[2] http://trinityhome.org/Home/index.php?wpid=1&front_id=12